Thursday, 4 July 2013
Just recently, the new Dion Lee Resort 2014 'Oil + Water' collection has been released, and I am in love. Lee has incorporated intricate line and shape along with bold, fresh colours, to create the perfect combination of sleek and feminine.
Sunday, 30 June 2013
Sportswear as a glamorized fashion trend has been slowly evolving over the past few years to become one of the biggest fashion crazes all over the globe. It's sleek, minimal and luxurious look combines comfort and style, to create practical yet intriguing aesthetics. Vogue Korea's July 2013 issue really captures the balance between sport and glamour. Here are the latest photos from the shoot with Australian model, Miranda Kerr.
Photography by Eric Guillemain, hair by Harry Josh.
Wednesday, 26 June 2013
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - My love of loves, the best foundation I have ever used. This brilliant product by Nars is perfect for almost any skin type and has a coverage that lasts all day, without making you're skin feel heavy. I wear this foundation in Winter or Summer, as you can build it up to from low coverage to a full coverage foundation. I purchased mine from Mecca, and they did a fantastic job in matching my colour while giving me the low-down on the latest Nars products! I highly suggest this number!
Smashbox Lipstick in 'Electric Pink' - Although it's Winter in Melbourne, I decided I needed a bright, new lip colour to brighten up my (very black) wardrobe & this filled the criteria perfectly! A little more 'pinkier' than in the picture, it has a lovely matte finish that really hydrates the lips and never cracks.
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in 'Punjab'
Smashbox lipstick in 'Electric Pink'
Monday, 24 June 2013
With the school semester almost over, and Melbourne's icy cold weather having taken over, I've been spending the last few weeks bumming around at home constantly glued to any electronic device (whether it be my iPhone, laptop or iPad). Unfortunately this hasn't had a very positive effect on my mental state, as my Instagram, Bloglovin & Tumblr feeds are all full of delicious photos of the European and American summer! So while sitting in my warm, cosy bed with my candles burning, I thought I'd post some of the incredible (and slightly depressing) photos that have made my heart melt!
Raleigh Hotel Miami
Kym Ellery's Instagram.
Valley Trunk Bay.
Monterosso al Mare.
Photo by Ulrich Knoblauch.
Taco's at Maria Bonita.
Eve Brazil S/S 14 Campaign.
Thursday, 20 June 2013
After many years of using different skincare products to help my oily-teenage skin, I was recommended by a friend to try the 100% organic skincare brand, Lush Cosmetics, and have never looked back! The now international brand was founded in 1995 in a little house by the seaside in South England, and has continued to expand & grow, with stores situated all over the globe! Since using Lush, my skin has cleared almost completely, has become much less oily, and leaves my face and body feeling fresh and vibrant! I've tried to cut-down my list of Lush products that I use to my personal Top Favourites!
1. BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask - Relaxing and Reviving, mineral-rich mask to cleanse, soften and beautify all skins! This face mask leaves your skin feeling milky, fresh and smooth & works best taken straight out of the fridge!
2. Cupcake Fresh Face Mask - Chocolate heaven for oily, teenage skin! This face mask not only smells delicious, but calms all breakouts and redness!
3. Herbalism Cleanser - This is the God of all skin care products, and one that I will always go back to! Filled with powdered herbs, China clay, and ground almonds, it cleanses & softens skin, while gently exfoliating it at the same time!
4. Tea Tree Water Toner - Tea tree is extremely soothing & can work wonders on oily or troubled skin! With added Juniper berry, it has the perfect combination to help rid your skin of blemishes and lift your spirits!
Since my exams are finally over, all of my assignments have been handed in, and the holidays are fast approaching, I have had a serious amount of relaxation time on my hands. Last week in my product/fashion design room at school, I ventured into the store room to take a few books home over the weekend break. While flipping through pages of greatly influential seasons of fashion from designers old & new, I fell across a book called, 'The Tokyo Collection' by Shizuyo Kusunoki. I was blown away by the structure and shape of a variety of designers collections. Each garment (whether it be a structured jacket or an evening gown) was innovative and chic, as well as the layout and pages of the book, each page a different texture and design template to the next. I have fallen completely in love with Tokyo being a transmitting base for fashion, overflowing with a sense of freshness and youthfulness! Here are looks from some of the amazing designers in the book.
Monday, 17 June 2013
1. Napoleon Perdis China Doll Foundation - This is one of the first good quality foundations that I have found for a really great price.I purchased mine last year from the store in Doncaster, Shopping town, and despite the small tube, still have some left. Although it is described as a light-weight foundation, I would say it's quite heavy and gives a moderate coverage look. Because of the weight of it, I find that I only need to use a small amount (dime size) to achieve the coverage I want. Because I have fairly oily skin, it's the kind of foundation I would always set with powder, as I find it slips off my skin if I don't. If you are after something that gives a soft, matte finish, I highly recommend this. It sells in store for about $45, but many outlets sell it for cheaper!
2. Maybelline New York Fit Me Foundation - I purchased this foundation from a Priceline store after hearing the great reviews about it! Unfortunately, I found that this foundation was far too oily for my skin, which was very disappointing as I really loved the texture and coverage of it. For girls with dryer skin, I would highly recommend this product as it is gives a breathable and dewy finish, and is extremely well-priced, selling in stores for as little as $15!
3. Mac Face and Body Foundation - This is most definitely my least favourite out of the foundations I have tried. It was extremely oily and left and almost greasy look on my face. Due to the silicone in MAC foundations, I have found that they really don't suit my skin type, as they hardly last over an hour or two. However, on the upside of this product, it's extremely light and you can build up the coverage to your preferred liking! I bought this one in the city for about $40.
4. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - This product wins my favourite foundation-of-all-time award! It is literally the best thing ever. I've gone through two bottles of it, and am planning to purchase another when my current one runs out! It leaves a perfect matte finish with the perfect coverage. It's a medium coverage foundation but is extremely breathable and light on the skin. I can leave it on my face morning to night and it lasts the whole day! It doesn't clog up my pores or leave my skin feeling dirty, unlike many foundations. I highly recommend this foundation and for it's price ($68) it is so worth it!